Summarize and humanize this content to 2000 words in 6 paragraphs in EnglishThe NCAA is investigating Michigan State’s football program over potential recruiting violations during former head coach Mel Tucker’s tenure, the school confirmed Thursday.The news first came from university president Kevin Guskiewicz speaking to the Detroit News, saying he has a meeting with the NCAA next week on the issue.“Michigan State athletics has cooperated with the NCAA to review a potential matter concerning the football program under the former staff and will continue to do so for the duration of the process,” an athletics spokesperson said in a statement. “NCAA rules do not permit the University to provide any additional details at this time.”It’s unclear what specific violations have been alleged.Tucker was fired for cause in September 2023, amid a school investigation into sexual harassment allegations made against him by Brenda Tracy, a rape survivor and activist who was working with the program. Harlon Barnett served as interim head coach for the rest of the 2023 season.Tucker sued MSU last summer for unlawful termination, and the case remains ongoing. Tracy has sued Tucker for defamation, but Tucker has evaded attempts to be served legal notice. A local court ruled last month that Tucker would lose the case by default judgment if he does not respond.Regarding the potential NCAA recruiting violations, Guskiewicz told the Detroit News that MSU is making the case that the allegations should not impact the current program and staff. Head coach Jonathan Smith is heading into his second season. The Spartans went 5-7 last fall.(Photo: Gregory Shamus / Getty Images)

Share.
Exit mobile version